Bhumi is one of India’s largest independent youth volunteer non-profit organisations. Bhumi as a platform enables over 20,000 volunteers in over 12 cities across India for causes like education, environment, animals and community welfare. Our vision: To help build a more influential, equal and socially conscious society. Our mission: To drive social change by fostering an environment where young adults & children learn, lead and thrive.
Bhumi’s Programmes: Transformational Education
Bhumi bridges the gap in formal education by providing 25,000 under-privileged children language, STEAM education, life-skills support and scholarships for higher education: through volunteers during weekends at orphanages, through teachers during the week at low-income private and government schools, through after-school community centers in urban slums.
Catalyse: Transforming Citizenry
Bhumi provides a platform for short-term and long-term volunteering activities with causes linked to the Sustainable Development Goals such as animal welfare, road safety, disability, environment, health etc.
Objectives of the Organization:
Create a safe, positive, and healthy environment; improving literacy and numeracy skills of children from low-income, vulnerable communities.
Create a platform for to discover and explore science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM). Promote volunteering as a national habit across India through short-term volunteering opportunities in civic welfare. Empower teachers with tools necessary for social-emotional development. Create community champions and instill social consciousness in children, thus stirring a snowball effect of giving.
Outcomes of the Programmes:
– Increase in literary and numeracy skill levels.
– Improved behaviours both inside and outside classrooms; with teachers, peers and others.
– Increase in skills and socio-emotional development (capacity building) of teachers, tutors and volunteers.
– Increase in sensitivity towards School Leadership in Headmasters.
– Increase in parents’ awareness and involvement in child’s learning.
– A strong future orientation and life skills to ensure future success.
– Reduced drop out from school.
– Increased opportunities for college and future employment.
– Financial and social stability.
– Building safer and hygienic neighborhoods with citizen leadership.
For more info visit www.bhumi.ngo